Cosmetic Bonding – Midland, TX
Quick Treatment for Minor Smile Imperfections
Some cosmetic dental flaws are bigger and more obvious than others, but even the smallest imperfection – be it anything from a slight crack to a gap between the teeth that’s just a bit too big – can end up leaving you dissatisfied with your smile. Luckily, there’s a quick, easy way to cover up these minor imperfections in just one appointment: cosmetic bonding. Call today to set up a consultation with Dr. Drisdale to learn more about bonding and how it can let you enjoy a brighter, better smile in a short amount of time.
Why Choose Robert E. Christensen DDS and John K. Drisdale DMD for Cosmetic Bonding?
- Fast and Safe Cosmetic Dental Solutions
- CareCredit Financing Options Available
- Experienced, Friendly Dental Team
What is Cosmetic Bonding?
Cosmetic bonding is sometimes called dental bonding. The name comes from the fact that a tooth-colored composite resin is applied to the teeth so that it can join with the enamel. Like porcelain veneers, cosmetic bonding is highly versatile in that it can be used to make a variety of corrections with just one procedure. However, unlike porcelain veneers, the cosmetic bonding procedure can be completed in just one visit. It’s usually seen as the more suitable option when there are only one or a few corrections that you want to make.
Cosmetic bonding is recommended for those who have:
- Teeth that are chipped, cracked, or otherwise broken (but not to the point that it causes an oral health risk).
- Stains or other forms of dental discoloration that won’t respond to whitening.
- Small spaces between the teeth.
- Minor cases of irregularly shaped teeth.
How Does It Work?
First, Dr. Drisdale will look at your teeth and consider all of the available options before letting you decide whether or not you want to move forward with the bonding procedure. When the actual treatment begins, the tooth will be roughened with a special conditioning gel; this creates a surface more conducive to bonding. The composite resin – which will be shaded depending on the color of your teeth – will be placed on the teeth and carefully sculpted. A curing light will be used to harden it in place before we make any necessary last-minute touches. This procedure is quite painless and in most cases can be performed without the need for anesthesia.
Benefits of Cosmetic Bonding
- Saves Time: Placing veneers requires a minimum of two visits. Since cosmetic bonding doesn’t involve much preparation of the teeth, it can be completed in just one appointment.
- Saves Money: As far as initial costs are concerned, cosmetic bonding is one of the least expensive options available, which is why it’s highly recommended when you only need to make slight improvements.
- Save Enamel: Placing a veneer requires us to remove a small amount of enamel. Bonding is much less invasive, allowing you to save as much of your natural tooth structure as possible. This also means that it’s easier to treat multiple teeth over the course of one appointment.
I am Unhappy with My Smile I am Missing One or More Teeth I Have a Cavity or Broken Tooth I Want a Straighter Smile I Need a Checkup & Cleaning I Am in Pain & Need Help I Am Clenching, Have Headaches, or Jaw Pain I am Concerned About Bleeding Gums I am Concerned About Sleep Apnea I am Scared of the Dentist I Need a Dentist for My Child View Our Services